Sunday, December 18, 2011

Picks and Poll


Picks: (Just assume I totally nailed that Falcons game.)

Dallas at Tampa Bay (+7):
The Buccaneers are in complete disarray and have lost seven in a row, dropping a game even to the lowly Jaguars. The Cowboys need the game desperately, but their secondary is a joke. Shockingly, I'm predicted a close game for Dallas. Cowboys 27, Buccaneers 24

Tennessee at Indianapolis (+7):
Not only do I think Matt Hasselbeck will play, but I'd pick the Titans even if they had to go with Jake Locker. They're still clinging to slim wild card hopes. Titans 23, Colts 13

Miami at Buffalo (+2):
I've kind of lost track of the Bills. I have no idea who they played last week. I honestly have to think about it. ::thinking:: Chargers, right? I didn't even see a highlight of that game. So yeah anyway I'm taking Miami. Dolphins 20, Bills 10

Seattle at Chicago (-4):
I'm trying to figure out how the Bears are favored in this game. The Seahawks have the better quarterback (barely) and are way hot, while Chicago has lost three in a row. Huh? Seahawks 17, Bears 13

Green Bay at Kansas City (-15):
Let me get this straight... Greg Jennings can't help my Roster Marginalia during fantasy playoffs but can help the actual Packers during their playoffs? That hardly seems fair. Also, Kyle Orton starts for the Chiefs, so it'll be his second start against Green Bay this year. Packers 30, Chiefs 20

Cincinnati at St. Louis (+7):
At this point I'm openly rooting for Steve Spagnuolo to be Philly's new defensive coordinator. I think the Bengals blew their last shot for the playoffs with that lost to Houston, which I'm fine with. No defense with Manny Lawson and Nate Clements on it should make a postseason. Bengals 23, Rams 10

New Orleans at Minnesota (+7):
Yet another touchdown road underdog. The Vikes get Adrian Peterson back. The Saints meanwhile get to play in a dome, so it's like a bonus home game. I hope Drew Brees throws ten touchdowns. Saints 41, Vikings 17

Washington at NY Giants (-7):
The Giants always seem to go to crap when they're feeling good about themselves. And yet, you'd have to be a crazy person to pick them to lose. Wonder what the money line is... Giants 24, Redskins 23

Carolina at Houston (-6):
I love the Texans in this game. They would totally be my lock of the week if I still was doing that. I think they're going all out for that #1 seed. Feeling a couple of Cam interceptions. Maybe a looooooong bomb to Jacoby Jones? Yes, I'm begging. Yes, it's pathetic. I know, I know. Texans 27, Panthers 17

Detroit at Oakland (+2):
The Lions come into the game with the healthier running back situation, which just sounds ridiculous to type. Also, I'm starting to have my doubts as to whether Carson Palmer is the fourth best quarterback in the league. Lions 24, Oakland 20

NY Jets at Philadelphia (-3):
All the Eagles need to capture the NFC East is to go 3-0 while the Giants and Cowboys both go 1-2. The most unrealistic part of that scenario is them going 3-0. Jets coming in pretty hot and the Eagles turn it over like it's some kind of game. Jets 24, Eagles 17

New England at Denver (+8):
Eventually this ridiculous magical run by this big doofus is gonna come to an end, right? Yup, Sunday will finally be the day that logic is restored and Tom Brady totally starts to suck. Broncos 20, Patriots 17

Cleveland at Arizona (-7):
I'm sure the league has a good reason why this is a 1:15 game instead of 1:05, but I can't think of it. Match-up of two teams where the backup might be better than the starter. Cardinals 20, Browns 10

Baltimore at San Diego (+3):
I think the Ravens are the far superior team, but it's hard to trust them on the road. Also, Philip Rivers plays like the best QB in the NFL in December. Chargers 27, Ravens 24

Gonna have to wait til' Monday for my Niners pick...

Power Poll:

1. Green Bay (13-0)
2. Baltimore (10-3)
3. New Orleans (10-3)
4. Pittsburgh (10-3)
5. Houston (10-3)
6. San Francisco (10-3)
7. New England (10-3)
8. New York Jets (8-5)
9. New York Giants (7-6)
10. Atlanta (9-5)
11. Detroit (8-5)
12. Denver (8-5)
13. Dallas (7-6)
14. San Diego (6-7)
15. Tennessee (7-6)
16. Cincinnati (7-6)
17. Seattle (6-7)
18. Arizona (6-7)
19. Philadelphia (5-8)
20. Miami (4-9)
21. Oakland (7-6)
22. Chicago (7-6)
23. Carolina (4-9)
24. Washington (4-9)
25. Cleveland (4-9)
26. Buffalo (5-8)
27. Kansas City (5-8)
28. Minnesota (2-11)
29. Jacksonville (4-10)
30. Tampa Bay (4-9)
31. St. Louis (2-11)
32. Indianapolis (0-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment